Start to Learn Calculus the Intuitive Way
The purpose of this site is to make calculus fun and exciting to learn for you. Is this possible? I think so, because there is nothing more fun than learning something new. And I mean really learn.
You know that feeling when something just clicks in your head, right? That's what I'm talking about...
Whether you already have some experience or you are just starting out you can tremendously benefit from this site.
Learning calculus is hard work, I won't lie to you. However, hard work doesn't need to be tedious or boring. When I say hard work I mean that you will need to put on the time and dedication.
In this site you will learn calculus the intuitive way, that is, forming an intuitive understanding of the concepts. With this understanding, the rest will be easier for you.
What I mean by this? Let's say, what do you think you will remember better. Something like this?
Or something like this:
The graph is easier to remember for most people.
Let me tell you a secret...
The difference between students that get A's and the rest is in how they approach learning. It's not intelligence!
"A" students form an intuition of the concepts, using a graph like this one, for example. The rest just nervously copy the formulas the teacher writes on the board, then they try to memorize.
Of course, after you formed an intuition, writing the equation will be easy for you with some practice.
Where to Begin?
This site covers all the topics in a first calculus course. If you are already taking a course in school, you can immediatelly visit the topics you didn't really understand.
Even if you think you understood a topic well, I recommend you to visit the pages about them. You may have new insights...
Be sure to bookmark this site, so you can return to it again and again. The sequence you may follow to learn calculus is:
- Functions: This topic isn't usually covered in a calculus course. It is essential for a real understanding of calculus, though. That's why I created a series of pages about it. This is the place to start if you never saw calculus before...
- Limits: This is the topic most calculus courses start with. The idea of limit is the central idea of all calculus. In this pages you will learn the basics of them...
- Derivatives: The derivative is one of the two most important concept of calculus, the other being the integral. The derivative can be seen as a generalized idea of slope or rate of change, and it is essential for all sciences...
- Integrals: The integral is a generalized idea of area. As the derivative, it is essential for all sciences.
In all these pages you will learn about these concepts by first forming an intuition, then solving common problems that apply these concepts.
Who am I?
My name is Pablo Antuna and I'm just a guy passionate about math and teaching. I decided to create this site so I can teach calculus the way I wish I had been taught it. You can learn more about me in the about page.
Intuitive Calculus Insights is a free e-zine that provides you with unique ideas and tips for succeeding in calculus. I send it every two weeks, and you'll only receive valuable and unique information.
Subscribe now, and you'll also receive Free and Unlimited access to the two resources only available to subscribers:
- The special report Top Ten Tips for Succeeding in Calculus:
In this report you'll learn the things I learned the hard way, and can make the difference between success and failure in calculus.
- The Intuitive Calculus Tables:
These tables have everything you need regarding formulas in calculus. Everything from limits to integrals. Ready for print. No need to go for your big textbook every time you're seeking a formula.
- Intuitive Calculus Blog
- The Intuitive Calculus Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the intuitive-calculus.com Web site. Subscribe here.
- Intuitive Calculus Questions and Answers
- Here you can post your questions about anything related to calculus. Other visitors and I will try to answer your questions the best we could, as quickly as possible. A new page will be created on th
- Mathematical Functions: An Easy Introduction
- Mathematical functions are the first things you need to understand to master Calculus. The key is to remember that they define the "connection" between two variables.
- Limits and Continuity: A Down to Earth Introduction
- The concepts of limits and continuity are the most important of all Calculus. They can also be the most difficult. That's why developing an intuition is essential.
- The Derivative of a Function: Intuition and Examples
- The derivative of a function is a central concept in calculus. Here you will form an intuition of what it is, and learn with examples to solve any derivatives problem.
- Integrals Demystified With Intuition and Examples
- Many people say integrals are the most difficult topic in Calculus. Here we'll demystify them. You'll find the intuition behind the definition and plenty of examples.
- Contact Me
- Any comments, suggestions, feedback, request? Let's get in touch...
- About Me
- About me, creator of intuitive-calculus.com
- Intuitive Calculus Insights
- Subscription page to my newsletter Intuitive Calculus Insights. This e-zine provides you with unique ideas and tips for succeeding in calculus.
- The Free Online Calculus Course by Intuitive Calculus
- Most online calculus courses are not complete or are too easy. In this course, you'll learn everything you need to know in calculus, even the most difficult concepts, step by step.
- Calculus Videos
- Learn by watching these calculus videos: get the intuition and solve any problem!