Intuitive Calculus Lessons
Hi! My name is Pablo. I created this site to help people like you learn calculus. The main feature of my site is that I like to focus on the intuitive understanding of the concepts, so my explanations are not always formal.
I think that my approach can be really helpful for you.
Whether you are at high-school or college taking a calculus course, preparing for a standardized test, or self-studying calculus just for fun, you can tremendously benefit from this website. You can use it to complement your textbook or course material, or use it as your main learning resource.
Learning calculus takes some time and dedication, but I hope I can help in making it a rewarding and fun experience.
Where to Begin?
As a first step, make sure you subscribe to receive my Free 10-Part Course. Do this through the sign up button located at the left column of this page.
This is a 10-part course that contains the main ideas, concepts and problem-solving techniques in Calculus. By subscribing you will make sure you receive more content from me that will make you succeed in learning Calculus.
After that you may visit different pages on the site. This site covers all the topics in a first calculus course, and it is expanding to cover topics beyond that.
If you are already taking a course in school, you can immediately visit the topics you need some reinforcing in. To find what you need you can use the search function located at the left column of this and every page.
If you have the time, I recommend you to visit even the pages about topics you think you understood well. The intuitive approach that I use may help you gain another perspective, or reinforce an idea that you aren't very sure about.
Again, be sure to sign up on the right column to receive my free 10-Part Intuitive Calculus Course. This is the best way not to loose yourself in the huge amount of content available.
If you have no clue about where to start, follow the sequence:
- Functions: This topic is not usually covered in a calculus course. Understanding functions and knowing how to deal with them is essential for a real understanding of calculus, though.
- Limits: This is the topic most calculus courses start with. The idea of limits is the basic underlying theme in calculus. Spend some time on these pages if you want to deeply understand this idea.
- Derivatives: The derivative, together with the integral, form the inseparable duo in calculus. The derivative can be seen as a generalized slope, or rate of change. It is essential in all sciences.
- Integrals: The integral generalizes the idea of area. As the derivative, it is essential for all sciences. Immerse yourself in these pages to understand this concept and get some practice solving problems.
In all these pages you will learn about these concepts by first forming an intuition, then solving common problems that apply these concepts.
Who am I?
My name is Pablo Antuna and I'm just a guy passionate about maths and teaching. I decided to create this site so I can teach calculus the way I wish I had been taught it. You can learn more about me in the about page.
Online High School Diploma
Offers a high school math prep course which can be taken at no cost. The Aspire program is designed to be completed according to the pace of each individual.
- Intuitive Calculus Blog
- The Intuitive Calculus Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the intuitive-calculus.com Web site. Subscribe here.
- A Complete Guide to the Essential Calculus Problems
- The Calculus Problems Manual contains the essential exercises you need to know how to solve to get an outstanding grade in a calculus course.
- Mathematical Functions: An Easy Introduction
- Mathematical functions are the first things you need to understand to master Calculus. The key is to remember that they define the "connection" between two variables.
- Limits and Continuity: An Intuitive Introduction
- In this page we try to intuitively understand the concepts of limits and continuity. The basic ideas presented here form the foundation of a deep understanding of calculus.
- An Intuitive Introduction to Derivatives
- In this page I'll give a first intuitive introduction to derivatives. We will form an intuition of what it is, and learn with examples to solve any derivatives problem.
- Integrals Intuition and Examples
- Many people say integrals are the most difficult topic in Calculus. Here we'll demystify them. You'll find the intuition behind the definition and plenty of examples.
- Contact Me
- Any comments, suggestions, feedback, request? Let's get in touch...
- About Me
- About me, creator of intuitive-calculus.com
Take My Free eCourse
If you've found this page useful, you will love Intuitive Calculus' Free eCourse. Since I started offering this free course, more than 5000 people have benefited from its intuition-first method, with special focus on problem-solving techniques.
This is a serious 10-part calculus course. The lessons provide links to external resources and videos whenever appropriate. A new lesson will be delivered to your e-mail inbox every day during the duration of the course.
You can unsubscribe at any time, although I doubt if you'll want to once you realize the true value of the course.
Your first lesson will be delivered to your inbox instantly after you sign up.